Re: [Harp-L] Chromonica 260 spring tension

You can soften the spring by bringing the legs closer together. Like instead of 106 degree deflection angle, down to 71 degrees. Or anything in between.
OR since 1959 I have been using #2 safety pins in MY chromos. That's the one that is 2" (51mm) long and already has a deflection angle of 47 degrees.
You can play with the angle to get exactly the softness you desire. Trim and adjust bends to required shape.

smokey joe