[Harp-L] harmonica and ice skating

   Was reading the sports pages today and saw that local figure skater
Jason Brown had scored big last night at a major competition, skating to
"the boogie classic 'Juke'."  Did a search and, sure enough, he is doing a
routine to the Little Walter tune.  Here's a video from an earlier
competition and I'm assuming he didn't take a spill in the one last night
as he does here:
https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AgWs70Y8mVvnVIrLim52f8.bvZx4?p=skater+jason+brown+skating+to+%22Juke%22&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-451&fp=1.
Always great to see Little Walter get some exposure.
   I'm not a skating fan, but if I'm flipping channels and hit a routine,
I'll watch for a few minutes.  Over the years I've seen skaters use
"Whammer Jammer" and the gorgeous Larry Adler version of "Summertime".  The
"Whammer Jammer" routine is still on YouTube, preceded by a few minutes of
what sounds like a Sonny Boy Williamson ll track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OirxGemgc4M.
   I love running into harmonica stuff in unexpected places.

Mick Zaklan