Re: [Harp-L] Melody Maker Tuning

Hi, Greg,

I always enjoy hearing you play.

I have some Seydel Blues Session country-tuned harps that ride around in my case all the time, and some Blues Session Paddy Richter harps that I thought I would play a lot but ended up not.

I think I could take the blow reed plate from a Paddy Richter and the draw reed plate from a country-tuned harp and end up with a Melody Maker.  (And have two regular Richter reed plates, plus a comb, left over.  Such a deal!)  Is this correct?

Is there any reason to prefer to keep the country tuned harps as they are?

Of course, then I fret about silly stuff, like labels on black combs, but that’s another matter, entirely.

Best,
Tin Lizzie