Fwd: [Harp-L] Why are some overblows easier than others?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Fairweather <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, Jan 3, 2015 at 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Why are some overblows easier than others?
To: Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>

Well if Winslow doesn't know then I guess nobody knows! :>   Another
possibility is that it simply has something to do with the reeds position
along the reedplate so that no matter what key you're in the central reeds
on the reedplate will overblow better and the further away you get from the
center, the harder overblowing will be.   But that doesn't really explain
why.