Re: [Harp-L] My Black Ops CBH arrived this week...

HI Robert -

The actual slide is in the usual place (although there's nothing typical about the shape of the slide). But the button is near the back, as you say. There's a lever inside that transfers the energy from where the button moves to the slide (I'm not very good at describing mechanical mechanisms, so maybe someone else can explain it better). It's very cool, for those of us who like to cup and use the button at the same time -- especially on a big 16-holer like this. It's very comfortable.

There's some good info (and pictures) on the design here:

http://www.chamberhuang.com/cbh2016.html

And some more good info from Winslow here:

http://www.bluesharmonica.com/hohner_2016_pro_cbh

But again, the Black Ops undoes some of the innovations, and that can be a good thing, at least for some of us.

- Slim.