[Harp-L] gapping at the factory

The discussion about gapping reminded me of this one project languishing on
my bench for years.

I call the "gap-a-matic" reedplate.  It was motivated by the challenge of to
strike a balance between smooth bend-ability, over-blow-ability, yet
not-choking whilst blowing.  I always felt this was a function of the
individual player, so I figured it should be adjustable.

The reeds are is secured by in such a way that you can adjust the gap by
tightening a small allen screw... just like you might adjust the bridge on a
guitar.  I always thought it was clever - if I do say so myself. But I have
always been pessimistic whether there were enough musicians out there that
really cared enough about gapping

(IF you're curious how it works, you can check out this link:
https://www.google.com/patents/US8802949?dq=antaki,+magnetic+harmonica&hl=en
&sa=X&ei=2MvvVPqoL8ywsASn8oDADg&ved=0CCUQ6AEwAQ
specifically figure 9A

The current incarnation, not shown in the figure, features monolithic reeds
without mounting holes, which makes them easily interchangeable.

If there is enough interest, I will resurrect the project. Thanks for
listening to my rambling.

Turbodog