Re: [Harp-L] gapping at the factory

Gapping would have to be done after riveting them to the plates (duh) and before tuning (gapping affects tuning, so is best done first). I did the Hohner factory tour in 2013 but don't remember seeing gapping being done.

Winslow Yerxa

that must have been a fun tour...

I guess gapping is done behind closed doors at The Factory.....in the secret gapping chamber....

I guess, much like a few other potentially embarrassing  things, EVERYBODY gaps, but few want to admit it to others.

We need to get people to understand that Gapping is just natural.... it's time to bring it out of the darkness and into The Light.

I'm Jon Kip, and I Gap.

Full  Disclosure: and then I tune.

Of the instruments that I own, only the harmonica comes in so many keys, costs so little, and has room for magnets.

http://jonkip.com