RE: [Harp-L] Harp on "Justified"

Hans has a website, just google his name and there's a load of stuff about
him.  Nice harp-on-a-rack style.

-----Original Message-----
From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Fred
Sent: 21 February 2015 03:47
To: 'harp-l'
Subject: [Harp-L] Harp on "Justified"

It's amazing where you'll catch some new harp.  I was just getting around to
watching this week's airing of "Justified" (episode "Sounding"), and the
scene where Eva is cooking Boyd breakfast had a song playing in the
background with some really nice harp in it.  Hmm, who is that playing?  End
credits are no help.  Maybe someone on harp-L knows?  But before asking I go
to the FX website for the show and the incidental music is listed with
links.  It turns out the song is "Western Wind" by Hans Olson, from the
album Best of Hans Olson Vol 1, 2001.  I listen to the clip on i-Tunes and,
yep, that's the song.

So who is this guy?  I've never heard of him and I've heard a LOT of harp
players.  Just curious if any of you had any info.  Nice country rock ballad
with some tasty harping on this cut.  Sure hope it isn't a synth harp (can't
imagine that it is).  I was just curious if he ever hit the radar screens of
any harp-L'ers.

Also FYI, there is a nice blues cut in another scene at Limehouse's that
turned out to be "Hanging on to My Hangover" by Weeping Willie.  Kudos to FX
and the "Justified" website for making it easy to find the incidental music
in these fine episodes.

Fred S