[Harp-L] Reed changing help

I've just got the seydel toolkit and have been getting used to (not that successfully) removing and exchanging reeds.

I'm really struggling to align the reeds in the slots on the one hand, the other issue is a mystery to me.
I have selected a 5draw same key  to replace a 5draw broken reed. When I came to check the reed it was way out of tune, even though it was fine on the original plate. It was reading C # and not D  which a 5draw on an A should be. I am completely confused and frustrated as to why this would be?
Could anyone shed any light on this issue and generally offer some advice on using the seydel toolkit.
I'm replacing Marine Band reeds.

Thanks for any help

Tom

Sent from my Windows Phone