Re: [Harp-L] Mini effects pedals for harp

David Brown wrote:
<Looking to make a small pedal board using Mooer, Outlaw or other mini
<effects brands. Anyone using any of mini pedals from these brands for harp?
<I am interested in delay, EQ, reverb, and chorus pedals.

I checked out the various offerings from the brands you mentioned above, and they sound interesting.  I haven't seen these mini-pedals before, but it seems like it's a substantial genre of effect unto itself. The small form factor probably contributes to the reduced cost. I thought Joyo's stuff, which Mike Fugazzi mentioned, looked interesting in particular, given my interest in amp modelers.  They make a Fender amp modeler pedal that's about 1/4 the price of a Tech 21 Blonde pedal.

I feel obliged to point out that all these FX are available in a typical multiFX unit. All the FX you describe are available on Digitech devices selling for under $100 retail.  The delays and reverbs in particular on those devices are generally as good or better than dedicated FX units selling for the same price, and better than most entry-level FX boxes selling under $100.  If you're thinking about stringing four or five pedals together, you might as well check out a multiFX.

But of course if you want real knobs sitting in front of you, multiple pedals are the way to go.

Regards, Richard Hunter