Re: [Harp-L] Seydel or hohner

The beard friendly solution is mounting the coverplates from the session steel on a 1847 :-))

There are more solutions to overcome the squealing .. when I emboss very precise, combined with centering the reed perfect it should be no problem.
Wax will help but not as much as what I do. I had to fix harps from other players who put  too much wax on the reeds and that killed the sound of the reed.. the sound was dull compared to non-wax reed.

kindest regards, met vriendelijke groeten,

Ben Bouman
www.benboumanharmonicas.com <http://www.benboumanharmonicas.com/>
www.harmonicainstituut.nl <http://www.harmonicainstituut.nl/>
www.harmonicaheaven.nl <http://www.harmonicaheaven.nl/>