Re: [Harp-L] When do YOU use 3 blow?

As others have indicated, it’s useful for getting some of the air out of your lungs when you would otherwise have a slew of draw notes. And for the 3-6 octave.

I also find it great for a country-blues sort of effect, alternating quickly between the full-step bend on the three draw and the three blow. For instance, G-F-G-F on a Bb harp. You can add the Ab as well and do triplets: Ab-G-F Ab-G-F. When you get the hang of it, you can really get going.

Here’s a demo including a bit of Old Joe Clarke based on an arrangement by Glen Weiser :
http://www.johnkerkhoven.ca/harp/j_kerkhoven_three-blow_examples.mp3

John