Re: [Harp-L] Inhaling through nose trouble, please help

Winslow Yerxa wrote:

Most everybody has blown up a ballon. Can't do it with air leaking through your nose.

You can try this without even using a ballon. Just close your lips and try to blow air through your lips. It helps, however, to imagine the balloon.

Do this exhaling and your cheeks will puff up. Try in inhaling and your cheeks will suck in.

After doing this with just your lips (or an actual balloon if needed), transfer it to a harmonica.

Winslow beat me to that one. I was going to say that anyone who can blow up a balloon or drink through a straw can close their soft palate.

Michelle