Re: [Harp-L] advice please

Patrick Ellis wrote:

i was about to travel to argentina to pick up on the music of tango, ie i have been learning to play it on chromatic for over 5 years, solid.
just a couple of weeks before i was due to go i had a stroke. i can no longer perform, or even walk without the aid of a quadropod. Â so now all that ambition is banging around inside me with nowhere to go.
could anybody please suggest a way out of this situation.
best
patrick ellis
Man, oh man, what a bummer! I have some sense of your pain as I am just now recovering from major surgery on my neck that left my left arm partially paralyzed. Thankfully, it's recovering slowly. I echo the advice about physical therapy. Hard work under their care can do miracles. It's working for me!

In any case, Vern Smith's "Hands Free Chromatic" may be just your ticket:

http://www.builderofstuff.com/handsfree.html

I've met a gracious and talented lady who lost her arms in a bear attack (can't recall her name). She gets around her HFC with ease.

Good luck and let us know how you are doing,

Michelle