[Harp-L] RE: inhaling through nose

That may be a tough one to teach. My wife can't hold her breath unless
she's under water. I think it's the same sort of thing. I wonder if you got
him with a mouth snorkel in a pool, no mask blocking his nose, if he could
breathe through the snorkel. If he could, then he just has to "feel" what
that muscle is that activates back there, and then maybe he could learn to
control it.

Now me, I've had an opposite issue when I've played hard on a long gig: I
couldn't keep that nose flap closed for breathing out... it got tired and
the least bit of pressure sent air out my nose. Tried harder to block it
off, but just ended up making pig noises.

Oink-oink.