[Harp-L] funk harp

   I like the concept here; re-purposing Junior Parker's blues standard
"Driving Wheel" into a funk tune.  Wish they had shortened the soloing and
sang more of the actual lyrics, but we don't get many examples of harp in
this genre so I thought I'd post it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33VZpMRsDFA.  I like Omar's use of octaves
in his soloing and comping.  He solos in the beginning and then again at
the end, if you want to bypass the guitar and bass solos.
   Occasionally we get a list member questioning whether or not Junior
Wells was actually an important blues harpist.  Interesting to note that
there is now at least one great player (Jim Liban) and two other
really strong up-and-comers (John Nemeth and Omar Coleman) who list Junior
as a huge influence and/or their favorite blues player.

Mick Zaklan