Re: [Harp-L] 4th Position Harmonica

From: Gary Lehmann
Sent: Tuesday, December 01, 2015 12:27 PM
To: Steve Hayes
Cc: Dan Thomas ; Tony Eyers ; harp-l
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] 4th Position Harmonica

How can you play the head to Tune Up without overblows!

Start on 4 draw with a âGâ. Maybe itâs not 4th position.. I figure the tuneâs in Em. I could be wrong about the key (position..) But, 4 draw works.

6th position (Locrian mode: b2, b3, b5, b6, b7) comes in handy once in awhile. âMr. Cleanâ works in 6th on an F# SBS harp starting on 2â ... not a very good example, I admit. I seem to remember playing Stingâs âBrand New Dayâ in 6th.

Have fun!