Re: [Harp-L] The Bernie Bray Harmonica Player of the Year Award

I have the last tape Don made. He had a heart attack that same day. I was told to never let anyone have it. So I keep it safe.
It may have some of the same tunes as the one I gave you but it's not the same tape.

Possibly George's CD is a compendium of Don's work, and may also contain some of the same tunes. Don was known to
re tape around 20 of his favorite tunes. I have his version of my version of Ricky Nelson's 'fools rush in'. lol, it's better than mine (weeping).

Since Don didn't drive and I usually came to spah (or Buckeye) with a car, George Miklas, Don, I, and sometimes a fourth
person would find an all night diner and sit there chewing the fat. Don loved glazed donuts. He would drink coffee with about
5 heaping spoons of sugar, and down about 4 to 5 glazed donuts.

He could tell some hair raising stories. What an treasure. Don and George were good friends.

smo-joe (if he were to mispronounce your name, you would feel compelled to change your pronunciation to His), Yes, he is the most unforgettable character you will ever meet.