[Harp-L] Solder retune - practical limits?

Thats a very ingenious retuning, thanks for sharing
It is nice to have those keys at the lower end

RV

*From: Rick Dempster <rickdempster33@xxxxxxxxx
<rickdempster33@xxxxxxxxx>>To: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>Cc: Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
<harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>>Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 10:27:22 +1000Subject: Re:
[Harp-L] Solder retune - practical limits?*

*To extemporise tangentially on this thread, I thought I might mention my
overcoming the frustration of wanting to play in E, second position, but
wanting some higher pitches. No, I don't want to tune a high G up a tone;
definitely a health hazard. So I tuned an F to A: On the blow plate the Fs
(holes 1,4,7,10) go down to E and the Cs (holes 3, 6 9) go to C# On the
draw plate, the Gs (holes 1, 4 and 8) go to G# the C (hole 2) to B, the Bbs
(hole 5, 9) to B. It's the same layout as a standard harp, but with an
extra hole at the bottom and one less at the top. Pretty easy to do, easy
to play, and useful, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe someone else might find
it handy. RD*