Re: [Harp-L] Re: Defective harps

Hope Hohner's not going backwards in quality. Especially what Richard said
about the gapping, is disturbing.

I haven't been buying harps recently except for a recent spurt of
purchases. I bought some Hering customs on Ebay (still more left last time
I looked) and was pleasantly rewarded. The Golden Blow ($74.95) was nicely
setup and only needed a little tweeking, and the Blues Custom ($54.50) had
good response OOTB. Certainly not like what you would get from one of the
professional customizers, but a good starting point for those who don't
mind doing further kitchen surgery on a harp.

I also bought out a Yonberg D2 ($74-96). Really nice harp with good setup
out of the box and a slickly ergonomic shape. I haven't torn it apart yet,
but I don't expect to do a lot of tweeking. The only bother I've noticed is
the cover plate material isn't as slick as the usual metal covers. I feel a
slight resistance when navigating up and down the harp.

There is no financial connection between me and the vendors involved. I
just thought I'd pass on a quick completely personal review of these for
those of us who want to try all the harmonicas there are.

Eric