[Harp-L] Defective harps

Dear Harpers-
I have had a string of bad luck with new harps lately. My Crossover C (which I loved) went out after about a year. I bought new reed plates but could not get the harp to play properly, especially the 3 and 4 draw bends. So I decided to try the Rocket. After less than a month of very light usage, the #3 draw bend went dead. I tried repairing it but to no avail. So I ordered a Manji which I have tried before and liked, and same issue. The #3 draw bend was just not there. I bought it through Amazon and they allowed me to return it. So I order another Crossover which arrived a few days ago and again.. the same issue with the bends on #3 and #4 draw. I have sent it back to Hohner for a repair under their warranty.
Needles to say, this is very frustrating to get such poor quality new harps. I am a professional level player, and these instruments just are basically unplayable. Not a huge fan of Lee Oscar harps, but at least they are pretty reliable and durable. Have had pretty good luck with Special 20s.
Any suggestions? ÂSeidel perhaps? Time to invest in expensive custom harps? Would rather not but this is getting ridiculous.
Doug Cole