Re: [Harp-L] 1920s Strauss Loudspeaker Harmonica

This must be the practice model because the only person who could really hear it is the player. Other versions of the megaphone harp usually point the horn to the back or the side == the better for the audience to hear. I think I have some of each.

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: John Shirley <john_shirley@xxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Apr 21, 2015 7:01 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] 1920s Strauss Loudspeaker Harmonica

Don't know if y'all caught this yet, but the National Music Museum (at the
University of South Dakota in Vermillion, SD) uploaded a facebook post regarding
the "Strauss Loudspeaker Harmonica" from the 1920. This one is a part of their
collection:

https://www.facebook.com/NationalMusicMuseumUSA/posts/798534810223871

My
craving for new harp amps now seems so silly....

- John S