Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2015 17:35:39 +0000 (UTC)
From: Larry Sandy <slyou65@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Portable microphone pre-amp
To: Harp-l for Posting <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>

Hello fellow breathers of music.

After a local fund raiser a few nights ago I asked the bass player how his bass-mounted microphone powered his headphones. He showed me his small belt box battery powered mic pre-amp device with no name shown. It had a power switch, volume knob and connections for the mic, headphones and an out to PA ( if he wanted to amplify). I indicated I had never been successful in my search for such a device but he did not recall where he purchased his. I desperately need one if I continue playing loud jams. The only ones I have found are in the $400 plus range, which is beyond my budget. I have a two channel splitter but it is not portable, which I desire. And it is much too bulky for tight jam stages.
If anyone has information on these, or a wiring diagram to build one, please feel free to post or private email me. I think there is a market for these, so there should be a good supply somewhere.
Lockjaw LarryBreathing Music daily