[Harp-L] Travelling light with harmonicas

I am just now in tropical Africa, on Christian mission, and of course I am
playing my harmonica as well! Because I am travelling around, I can't carry
my  full kit of mouth organs, or an amplifier, and several people have
asked me  âWhat harps do you take?â
It isn't possible to take a comprehensive kit. So  I carry a Tombo soft
zipped 12 diatonic case, with a full set of Dannecker Blues  metal combed 10
hole diatonics, fitted with Blues Harp cover plates. The Tombo  case is light,
and has 12 padded compartments, and the Dannecker Blues  harmonicas fit
just perfectly. I also carry two 12 hole chromatics, a Hohner 270  in âGâ,
customized with a lucite comb by the late Bill Romel, as well as a Tenor  âCâ
Hohner CX-12, built for me by Tony Dannecker. I leave my ILUS âRenaissanceâ
 chromatic behind, because I find a tenor âCâ particularly useful when
playing  Gospel music.
The metal combed Dannecker Blues diatonics are  fantastic harmonicas.
However, I prefer the thin Blues Harp cover plates to the  thicker standard ones,
so that is how I specified them. When I'm travelling  light, I carry just
those 14 harmonicas, rather than my full working kit of  more than 40
instruments.
I also am carrying a Shure SM58s microphone and a  lead (with a jack plug).
For use with the house PA, or any guitar amplifier. The  SM58 is one of the
most reliable mics available. Crystal mics are prone to  failure in extreme
temperature conditions, but my trusty SM58 keeps on  working.
Best wishes from:
John âWhiteboyâ Walden
(Just now in Coastal Kenya, East Africa.)
PS, I am also sometimes known as:
Pastor VJ Walden.