[Harp-L] Re: Harp Cases by Bob Loomis

Actually, Jon, we do have four cats but we don't feed them outside because raccoons and possums soon detect the food and take care of any leftovers ... we can afford to feed the cats, but not the wildlife!Â
I have used harp cases for other purposes, particularly to hold harp cover screws when working on harps. Still, Âthink I'll be getting rid of them one way or another. It does occur to me I could use them in as part of a 3D art assemblage though.
Bob LoomisConcord CA JON KIP Wrote of my offer of 92 harp cases:

"Don't get rid of all of them.... they, especially the golden melody cases, can be used in quite a few situations:
They make really good supports for a macbook pro laptop. Allows for cooling under the machine. Admittedly, it then takes a bit longer to fry your breakfast eggs on the laptop, but it's better for the computer, and it's probably time you bought a real stove of some sort. I think they have them in stores up in the Bay Area. ÂThat's a really handy computer to have, since the surface, which tends to be warm (hot), is a great warmer for chromatic harmonicas while you're taking a break from those long minutes of practice that we all do with consistent irregularity.....using the GM cases cools the Mac down perfectly, keeping things warm enough without melting the valve glue goop.ÂThe GM cases also help make a great pest-proof pet feeder, especially if you feed your pets outdoors...ÂA board, holding the food dishes (five cats, five dishes ) supported by four or more GM cases that the side surfaces have been covered with Tree Tanglefoot totally stops the ants from getting the food."