Re: [Harp-L] video- CHEROKEE by Yvonnick Prene

No argument here! Yvonnick is an amazing player and he's put out a lot of great stuff over the last couple of years -- a ton of youtube videos and some really nice studio albums.

I encourage folks who like what he's doing to actually support his work by buying a CD or 2 (I have "Introducing", "Jour de FeTe", and "Wonderful World" and really dig them all). The first one "Introducing" he doesn't even mention on his website (http://yvonnickprene.com) -- I think it was download-only from CD Baby and then was removed at some point. All 3 albums are well produced and sound terrific. Of the 3, "Wonderful World" may be the most accessible to those who aren't hard core jazz fans -- some really beautiful, as well as hot, stuff on that one -- mostly standards performed in the gypsy swing style. "Jour de FeTe" is in a modern jazz style, very introspective and tasty. Check out the samples online and don't just spotify -- put some cash on the table ;-).

Like a number of today's great young jazz musicians, he's starting out with extremely serious chops that exceed what I expect to achieve in my lifetime. That does make me a bit jealous, but more power to him for dedicating himself to this amazing music and having the talent and drive to pull it off. So I just put my ego aside and enjoy the ride.

- Slim.

www.SlideManSlim.com