[Harp-L] video- CHEROKEE by Yvonnick Prene

Another astounding jazz chromatic solo!

Many players do not like bebop for many reasons….too many notes…they don’t understand it……etc.

I believe that it is just jealousy that they are not in command of their instrument and therefore do not like hearing others in total musical command.

It is the highest calling of a musician to be able to improvise in any key, at any tempo to any song and jazz is the vehicle for the highest form of
music imo. I read somewhere that the brains of jazz musicians are almost super human or something like that.

Many will argue, go ahead but if you don’t like jazz it might because you are not open enough for anything other than what you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x7gUEs_Cvc&list=TLoQxUyobdxPSvtykG01RjNpjpvcGmtNTY&index=2