Re: [Harp-L] Re: Reed Stress and Temperature

I would have thought the opposite. As a metal expands, don't the molecules get farther apart? Making the metal softer. Until the metal finally melts.
Doesn't cooling force the molecules closer together. Making the metal tighter? How does tighter equate to 'more elasticity'? Doesn't seem to jive.

smo-joe