Re: [Harp-L] Breaking in a new harp

Lots of people work steadfastly on their diatonic harps, coddle them when new, modify them, retune them, emboss them, etc. More power to those folks who have more patience (and better eyesight) than I.

But personally I haven't found an advantage to gently breaking them in. My philosophy (for better or worse) has always been more like: Buy it. Play it til it goes sour. Toss it. Rinse and repeat. <shrug> SP20s last a LOT longer nowadays than they used to...

TB