[Harp-L] Breaking in a new harp

I have read conflicting things about the need to break in a new harp, like gentle playing at first to ease the movement of the reeds so they have less shock. Another will say they need no break in, just blast the hell out of them. I am normally a pretty hard player and have taken the give 'em hell approach, but I have wondered if my harps might last longer if I treated them gently for a bit before gigging with them. I thought I'd ask for opinions on here and see what the experience of some other players might benefit me. Thanx in advance.
Lare Sattler    The Little Chicago Band    Canton Ohio