[Harp-L] Subject: Re Fake Groups performing as the originalspeople

Thought some of you might find this interesting:

Just stumbled upon it on Youtube. It's related to 'stealing intellectual
property', except this is where promoters hire performers and sell them to
venues as being the Original (and famous) groups they're not remotely
connected  to. What's worse is they're being paid the money the remaining
originals should be earning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJkmcHQZEg4

Anyone remember Jon Bauman (Bowser from Sha Na Na)? He's at the forefront
of trying to fight the fake groups by insisting on full disclosure of their
phoniness. But it's big business and a lot of money to be made in
'nostalgia'. How blind are we, the public--suckered into supporting  the phonies by
thinking they're the original groups -mostly by not doing our  homework?

...And here's some more info including the 34 States which so far have
signed the Truth In Music Bill into Law. Is yours among them? Mine is ;)

Elizabeth
PS: If you think harmonica players don't get paid 'enough'? Watch the
video. So many of these performers not only didn't get paid--they ended up OWING
 their managers/promoters so made no money at all off their big hits--those
songs  we still play and sing today.