Re: [Harp-L] sticky slides

On Sep 1, 2014, at 10:24 AM, JON KIP <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yes, Vern, I see that I did forget your floor polish method, sorry, thanks for the reminder.  I do have a can of it here, and have tried it (once) with no real thoughtful testing, I think I just wanted to see how it tasted.

I have been finding off-label uses for Johnson’s wax since I helped my kids win trophies by using it to lubricate the wheels of little “Pinewood Derby” race cars in the '60’s.

It has very little taste or odor if you use it sparingly, polish it well, and give it some time for the solvents to evaporate.  I inquired about its possible toxicity.  Johnson’s said that it wouldn’t taste very good but that eating a spoonful would not harm you.  If the amount used in a harmonica were harmful, polishing a floor with it would be fatal.

I believe that it is very effective under valves.  On a slide it is like chicken soup…can’t hurt and might help.

Vern