Re: [Harp-L] limited instrument?

Hey fjm,

Who are you to declare: "this thread no longer has actual content"? You sound defensive. Sorry this hit nerve with you. If people want to stop talking about it's alright with me. I didn't start this conversation anyway, just made a couple of comments.

 There's a ridiculous myth being perpetuated about the diatonic harmonica capability. You cannot hit all 12 notes on the chromatic scale with a sufficient degree of execution to be convincing, on a multitude of songs. Let's here "Up a Lazy River" on the diatonic. I don't care who you are. If you claim to be able to do it, then I have a huge list of songs that we can start with.

Bill

On Friday, October 31, 2014 10:45 PM, Larry Marks <larry.marks@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

fjm wrote:
> ...  Harmonica in general is tough to play legato, diatonic is
> probably the worst offender in this regard...
Yer either jerkin' my chain or you have no idea what you are talking
about. Either way, this thread no longer has actual content except to
tell me that I can't do what I do every day. Ridiculous!

   -LM