Re: [Harp-L] limited instrument?

You are very much missing my point.  It's about expertise.  Advanced
players can indeed hit the bends or overblows and make them "stable."  I
haven't heard your playing, so none of my comments should be construed as
criticism of your technique or ability... but it is absolutely possible to
play these songs on the diatonic in a way that is not "amateur hour."  Top
players can do it.  To argue that it's not doable is to profess ignorance
of what these players are doing.  The ability to hit bent or overbent notes
in an accurate and stable is, in fact, one of the hallmarks of advanced
playing.

*"**Scott Albert Johnson's debut mixes blues, rock, folk and jazz, unified
by first-rate harmonica playing." *(Maureen Palli*, Relix*)

*scottalbertjohnson.com <http://www.scottalbertjohnson.com/>   *
*facebook.com/scottalbertjohnsonmusic
<http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scott-Albert-Johnson/57364390664>*

*youtube.com/user/scojo123/videos*