Re: [Harp-L] Sometimes ....

Richard Hunter wrote:

...I live up North on Planet Earth, which is the place where clarinet hasn't been featured in any band I've heard in the last 30 years.
I suppose it's possible that there's a teeny little pocket on the planet where every band features a clarinet.  It might be the same teeny little pocket where every band features a harmonica, too.  I sincerely wish that the second teeny little pocket was as big as the planet, but it's not, and that's the point.

Richard, I am the very pleased new owner of your patches for an RP-150 that was given to me. The $25 total investment has to be my happiest harmonica-related purchase to date. Your instructions were spot on and the software downloaded and installed without a hitch in about 15 minutes. Now I have an amazing palette of amp/cabinet and effects options at my fingertips. The coolest thing I can say is that my experience with the RP and your patches has reinvigorated my enthusiasm for playing harmonica which I admit had plateaued in recent times. But my aging back is probably most deeply indebted to you for paving the way to being lighter on my feet while retaining a wide variety of sonic options from which to choose. Thanks a bunch!

Now, since you haven't heard a contemporary, popular band that features clarinet, I want to introduce you to one of my current favorite bands, "Pokey LaFarge." It's an old-timey kind of group out of St, Louis that is comprised of a very charismatic leader and a bunch of really hot musicians. They are touring the world over and creating a new audience for the great musical style they are trying to revive. One of the important players being Chloe Feoranzo, a virtuosic swing-type clarinet player who makes me smile each time I hear her play. For me, Chloe exudes lively and happy music that harkens back to Artie Shaw and Benny Goodman.

And to add some delicious harmonica content, I'll call your attention to Pokey's gifted harmonica, washboard and snare drum player, Ryan Koenig. He has a unique style that fits perfectly with the group. Talk about making me smile! Lightning fast with an endless supply of musical ideas, Ryan is one of my favorite touring harmonica players.

I think you might dig Pokey's music too. In any case they are undeniably a hot current band that features a gifted clarinet player. Check 'em out!

Michelle

http://youtu.be/MlgNQtKC6b4