Re: [Harp-L] Sometimes ....

> On Oct 29, 2014, at 9:38 PM, Buck Worley <boogalloo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Whatever floats yer boat. We certainly love our pure vintage tube amp raw sound/tone, however, I am of the opinion that our instrument is so limited that I am always looking for anything to change things up, keep things fresh and keep the audience entertained.

It always saddens me to hear people focus on the harmonica's limitations. All instruments have strengths and limitations. Being able to express the sounds in your head on your chosen instrument is what separates the true masters from everyone else. This is not to say we shouldn't experiment with effects or other ways of manipulating sound but I think we sell ourselves short when the starting point is the instrument's limitations.

Bob Cohen
Writer, Internet Consultant, Teacher
w: bobjcohen.com
t: #itsabobworld