Re: [Harp-L] Sometimes ....

Michael Rubin wrote:
>No clarinet in modern music?  You must live up North.

I live up North on Planet Earth, which is the place where clarinet hasn't been featured in any band I've heard in the last 30 years.
I suppose it's possible that there's a teeny little pocket on the planet where every band features a clarinet.  It might be the same teeny little pocket where every band features a harmonica, too.  I sincerely wish that the second teeny little pocket was as big as the planet, but it's not, and that's the point.

Doesn't it scare anyone besides me that none of the top ten bands in Nashville, which used to be a pretty good town for harmonica, has a fulltime harmonica player?  That's a change from the previous 25 years, and it's not the right kind of change from my point of view.

It's time to change the game.  Acting as if the game hasn't changed doesn't help when everybody else's game has changed.

There are other ways to change the game besides altering the sound of the instrument, of course.  At this point I don't think anything should be ruled out.

Thanks, RH