Re: [Harp-L] used chromatic hohner deluxe 270 ebay

For me, one reason I use the deluxes is that the reed plates are thicker than the regular 270's, which seems to change the sound, and the nails are bolts. (Ok, that's two reasons.)

Same for the Toots models, I think.

The round holes move faster, but the square holes give a bigger sound. So no matter what I do, it's a compromise.

The longer I practice and play the  chromatic, the more responsive and quicker to respond  the instruments become..... go figure.

Also , as time passes and  the instruments mature, they seem to play fewer wrong notes.....

that's a real mystery to me.