Re: [Harp-L] BBE sonic maximizer

On Sun, Oct 26, 2014 at 9:32 AM, David Brown <nonidesign@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use it with an "amp-less" rig and love it.
> The set-up is:
> Shure bullet (with a CR element in it), Kinder AFB, Boss EQ, BBE 2 Timer
> delay, BBE sonic maximizer, Lone Wolf Harp Break.
> I mount it all to a Pedal Train board with a Voodoo Lab power source.
> Love it.

Pedals have a significant place in our performing history because a) they
are/were available, b) affordable new and used, one-at-a-time, c) and the
hope that ONE MORE device will get the sound wanted.

For those reading who have not made a pedalboard investment (or have one
pedal) STOP. Multi-effects processors do all of this in one package, BUT
you take time to learn to manage each parameter. (Or buy a used RP series
from Digitech, and get Richard Hunter's patch set. It's time or money.)

Now that processors do a really GOOD job of amped tube modelling (they
didn't used to) I don't want to tote the much-loved tweeds and bullets. The
sound palette is far wider, AND you get to keep your best tube-crunch honk.

You can be several instruments in the band...Organ, Synth, Octaves, Wah's
and filters, and several amp-tone packages, too. Wow, I love it. No
impedance mismatch, no connector failures.

Now, if you want to LOOK like a traditional bluesman, that's a different
goal. Keep the hat, shades, and 4x10 cabinet.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com