Re: [Harp-L] does anybody NEED another book on playing Chromatic Harmonica?

I recently read an article about playing along with a drone called a “shruti box":

http://thepracticeofpractice.com/2014/10/11/calling-all-wind-musicians-do-this-now-please/

The musician in the video -- trumpet player Ingrid Jensen -- uses an actual piece of hardware.  It’s a digital version of a traditional Indian shruti box.  The article recommends an app called iTablaPro (about $24.99, if memory serves), and I found a very nice one for $1.99 from Vidya Multimedia:

http://shruti.itabla.com/Presentation.html

It’s mesmerizing both to play in unison with a tone, and to play other notes “against” a tone.  It’s opening my ears up.  I’ve started playing some notes on my harps again, after a very long hiatus.

Tin Lizzie