Re: [Harp-L] Chugging and Choo-Choo Noises

There is indeed some unfortunate pricing of Chromatics such that the discounted Hohner SuperChromonica costs around $199 and that price might be too high for the United States market; the 10-hole Hohner Educator model does not seem to be readily accepted by many students; there should be many more low-cost 12-hole models.

Perhaps Swan [one large manufacturer in China] has been supplying low-cost Chromatics to the students in China while American students are steered towards the diatonic harmonica (which is a really good instrument but does not fit into most school music programs).

/Neil