Re: [Harp-L] A $7-800 amp?

I use a Fender Blues Deluxe... 40 watts, but not so prone to feedback  as
the Junior, I like it much better....

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Just now in bonnie Scotland.

martinoldsberg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

First of  all -- many thanks for the input on my RP--PA conundrum. It´s a
process that  maybe -- or maybe not -- will be sorted out in due time and I´m
grateful for  the pointers given.

Meanwhile, I´m being offered a brand new  amplifier by a generous man, as a
go to-item when that is handy, and  complementeing the RP setup. It´s meant
as payment for stuff I´ve recorded for  him, and I´m not sure if I can
accept it, but if I do it´s going to be a case  of us buying a amplifier in a
store here in Gothenburg and not him giving me  money -- that would not be
acceptable.
We have started looking and I  tried a Fender Blues Jr the other day, and
it was made clear to me that this  could be something. My friend is very much
into tubes and if he´s going to  sponsor something I´m pretty sure he´ll
find it more meaningful with a tube  amp. (The stuff we record together is
mostly blues.)

My  question is, in this price range, some $7-800, would that be a good
thing to  buy?
I´ve noticed that people use it for harmonica, but my ignorance  in the
sound department is vast. What I´m looking for primarily would be an  amp with
enough volume for smaller gigs, and a decent blues- as well as clean  sound.
Would I be better adviced to look elsewhere.

Thus  wonders,
Martin