Re: [Harp-L] Need Sheet-Music Resource

You can buy a blues fakebooks in the lead sheet format: melody line, lyrics and chords. I have at least 12 books, ranging from piano to guitar and not counting harmonica. Look under blues, folk blues, blues songbook, rags and blues, Bessie Smith, W.C. Handy, Willie Dixon, harmonica blues. et cetera.

Best way is to go to Amazon and do a search for blues books. You don't have to buy anything from Amazon but it is a great research for looking up stuff.

Also, just type "blues songs" into your favorite browser.

It all depends on how much you want to spend -- time and money -- or how serious you are about checking out your local library, state library exchange.

Phil