Re: [Harp-L] Tribute to Jelly Roll Johnson

wow. great stuff. Those students really know how to blend into an ensemble sound. Really liked the drummer.

Last song was beautiful. Great harmonica playing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mikael BÃckman <mikael.backman@xxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Oct 2, 2014 2:54 pm
Subject: [Harp-L] Tribute to Jelly Roll Johnson

Hi list!
One of my all time favourite albums is Jelly Roll Johnson And A Few Close
Friends. Superb harp playing, great songs and overall performances. If you
havent't checked it out, do it! You won't be dissapointed. Last week a couple of
my students at the University of Music did a concert with full band versions of
nine songs from this great album. They did a fantastic job arranging the tunes.
This is their first gig together, which is hard to believe.  Below is a YouTube
link to the consert, I hopen you all enjoy it. Harp content: well, Jelly Roll
ofcourse, and there's harp on the last song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EOAZhl_lic

/ Mikael Backmanâ