[Harp-L] The Slide Diatonic Harmonica

Hot on the heels of my Irish Session Harp comes another great harmonica for
playing Irish and other folk music in a sweet-sounding, truly authentic
manner: the Slide Diatonic.

Like the Irish Session Harp, my unique Slide Diatonic has the outward form
of a chromatic harmonica - but it’s not! Instead of raising the notes a
semitone, the slider raises the notes to the next note of the home scale. It
comes in two keys, G and D, and the home scale is diatonic in 3 octaves -
hence the name Slide Diatonic.

Since you only play in the natural built-in modes of the harp, the Slide
Diatonic is super-easy to learn. If you can play a do-re-mi scale on any
other harmonica, you can instantly play the Slide Diatonic. Then just dab on
the slider to get tasty, in-key trills and decorations on all the notes!
You’ll quickly be playing authentic-sounding cuts, rolls and other
decorations in G, D, Am, Em, Bm - in fact, ALL the main keys and modes found
in 90% of Irish music.

A moving picture is worth a million words, so please check out the demo
video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiIM2u0ryw
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTiIM2u0ryw&list=UU9ooWTeE_81KtznJslZZnFA&i
ndex=1> &list=UU9ooWTeE_81KtznJslZZnFA&index=1

You can hear that my new Slide Diatonic is truly a sweet-sounding harp, and
it’s a lot of fun to play! Ordering is at www.brendan-power.com, under the
Harmonicas tab.

Brendan Power

WEBSITES:  <http://www.brendan-power.com/> www.brendan-power.com ●