[Harp-L] amp upgrade for chromatic harmonica, for jazz

A question about amps. For the chromatic harmonica and for playing jazz. While I do occasionally Get the Blues, I don't play them. My site has some samples of the kind of music I understand. Notably absent is The Diatonic Blues. I'm too uptight for that stuff.

What I have now is something I got from Tommy Morgan which he uses live, a simple/cheap setup consisting of an Ibenez SW20 bass amp, and a zoom effects box.

With that I get 20 watts, and some EQ (in the amp and in the zoom) and reverb, from the amp, and the occasional wrong note.

I don't need any other effects, I want it to sound  as much like the sound I get in studios, or my home 'studio'. (My messy practice room, with Apple's Logic.) The mic I use and will be using is the ubiquitous SM58.

The problem now is that I can't closely duplicate the studio sound when they release me into the wild to play live someplace, usually after my normal bedtime.

Is that just a pipe dream? How close can I get with something lightweight and not too costly?

Any ideas, appreciated, thanks.

PS what I do as far as EQ is just knock off a bit of the highs and boost a bit of the lows, nothing fancy.

jk

The philosopher Socrates, discovered to his dismay that he was the smartest person in Athens merely because he, and he alone, recognized how ignorant he was.
http://jonkip.com