From: Blunt White <playharp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 6:41 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Slide lubricants - food grade grease (NSF 51/61)

I recently purchased a "food grade" o-ring lubricant (to repair a potable water system).   It's a silicone grease for use in areas where food is prepared (health code food standard NSF 51/61).   Very slippery and suitable for plastics, perhaps suitable as a slide lubricant?  It's called Molykote 111 from Dow Corning (Silicone Dioxide).   Link to Material Safety Data Sheet below.   I have not tried it, any comments on slide use?

http://biopak240r.com/pdfs/MSDS/DOW111MSDS.pdf

Regards,
Blunt White