[Harp-L] New Electric Harmonica

Ronnie Schreiber wrote: I'm developing a new electric harmonica..........(snip)............I need input from folks who can actually play.  Do you prefer a          traditionally shaped mouthpiece with the comb proud of the cover plates, or something smooth and round like on a Hohner CX-12?  Round or square holes?

Ronnie, best of luck with this project.
  The only thing I can say in reply to your requests for input is my preference for mouthpiece.  I have no experience with round holes but I have a number of maple combed Marine Bands that were expertly customized by Joe Spiers.  Afaik, Joe doesn't use maple combs for his standard anymore, although that's beside the point.  The point IS that the comb tines protrude and are rounded off to be by far the most comfortable than anything else I've ever played.  The wooden combed Seydel 1847 are similar, tho their tines don't protrude quite as much as my harps (and their holes are slightly larger).
  To my surprise, I gather that this feature is not important to many on Harp-L.  Maybe if more players experience the feel that these tines provide, it *would* become more important.  So, fwiw.
 Again, best of luck!
Ron - FL Keys