Re: [Harp-L] Propolene Glycol

Since I mostly play CX-12s when I'm not recording (and while I record often, it's usually not for very long stretches at a time), it's not that big a problem for me, but when I used to play other models live, yes, my experience was not that different from yours.

But here's the thing: I never experienced the sticking when the harp is new. I would often go a few weeks before I had to clean the slide on a new axe. As I remember it, once the sticking started, I'd routinely disassemble and clean the slide before each gig and that would get me through the evening.

But why did the new harmonicas last so much longer before they started sticking? In hindsight I figure that either I wasn't cleaning them well enough or some lubricant was used at the factory. No idea which though...

- Slim.

www.slidemanslim.com