Re: [Harp-L] Middle F# copyright, fine print.

> No jokes here, but I will offer a sincere thanks to Joseph Leone and all the other pioneers of alt tunings. I would have given up on harp long ago if I only had Richters. I tuned up the draw 5 to imitate Buddy Greene (whose albums I had). Then I learned Buddy did it to imitate Charlie McCoy (so I bought his albums too)......etc.

and that, Rex, and the rest of your post, is exactly why, although I own several sets of nicely-tuned diatonics, I never play them.

Way too difficult. For me, the task of learning chromatic harmonica at a somewhat late age is quite enough.

I've sent my diatonic harmonicas  to a nice place in Upstate New York where they can play with their friends and never get sick or grow old .....probably near where my parents told me they sent my dog Frisky, back in the early fifties, when we moved West to California, a state which, as I was told, doesn't allow dogs.

I used to go to gigs with my teacher, a middle-aged studio musician in Los Angeles, and I've seen him handed a pile of music, take out the first one, look at it for a minute, take out two chromatics and four diatonics, hold them all,  and read the music perfectly, sounding as if it were all being played on one instrument...double stops and all.

When I ask him how he does it, he says "I leave out the thinking part."

I find that really annoying, and I may have mentioned that to him upon occasion.

...and, if he reads this, I will mention it again.

jk
The philosopher Socrates, discovered to his dismay that he was the smartest person in Athens merely because he, and he alone, recognized how ignorant he was.
http://jonkip.com